May 25, 2016, by Bart-Jan van Putten
Aging2.0 Global Startup Search
The aim of the Aging2.0 Global Startup Search is to find the world’s most promising startups that work on innovations for seniors and senior care. Pitch events are organized in more than 30 cities around the world, including Berlin. Bart-Jan van Putten, Managing Director of SeniorWise and Aging2.0 Ambassador, moderated the event.
The following people presented the recent developments in their companies:
The winning startup
Three of the aforementioned companies competed for the prizes: Careship, Coronect, and Veyo Care. Five experts judged their pitches on the following criteria (1) idea or product, (2) team and business model, (3) impact on the aging experience.
The jury consisted of the following members, representing policy, innovation, science, venture capital and seniors themselves:
- Malte Behmer, Branchenkoordinator Gesundheitswirtschaft, IHK Berlin
- Sebastian Glende, Managing Director, YOUSE GmbH
- Rolf Haberstroh, Mitglied der Senior Research Group, TU Berlin
- Marten Haesner, Leiter AG Alter & Technik, Charité Geriatrie
- Daniel Steffen, Investment Manager, IBB
After careful deliberation, the jury announced that Careship held the winning pitch. Careship will be listed on the global Aging2.0 website, for the subsequent round of online voting (starting in July). Based on that voting, a number of startups will be invited to present to 1000+ attendees at the OPTIMIZE conference in San Francisco on October 12-14.
We would like to thank hub:raum (Deutsche Telekom) for providing us with a wonderful venue and Health 2.0 for co-hosting the event.
- If you want to be informed about upcoming Aging2.0 events in Berlin, please register for free at www.meetup.com/Aging2-Berlin.
- If you have questions about the local chapter Aging2.0 Berlin, send your message to .
- If you would like to learn more about the global Aging2.0 initiative or receive their newsletters, please visit www.aging2.com.