30 maart 2016, door Bart-Jan van Putten
Dit artikel is momenteel alleen beschikbaar in het Engels.
On the aging and senior care markets, it is often not the seniors themselves who are the early adopters of innovations. In many cases the caregivers or family members are the ones who create awareness, pay and stimulate seniors to start using innovations. Startups therefore need to develop business models that do not just address the needs of seniors, but also those of family and caregivers. To support the startups with this challenge, Bart-Jan van Putten (Aging2.0 ambassador), Sebastian Glende and Carolin Makus organized a workshop on March 22nd in Berlin.
Right: Sebastian Glende presenting examples of customer segments
What happened during the workshop?
The agenda was as follows:
- Introduction to the global Aging2.0 initiative and the local chapter in Berlin
- Introduction to business models and the business model canvas
- Examples of relevant customer segments in the aging and care markets
- Formation of the teams
- Each team developed one business model, using the business model canvas
- Each team presented their business model to the other teams
- Outlook to upcoming Aging2.0 events
- Informal networking
Which business models were developed?
One team worked on the business model for a post-stroke speech therapy app. Another team worked on a way to facilitate conversations between seniors and family, to prevent loneliness and to give family members a better starting point for an interesting conversation. The third team worked on a way to increase the size of senior associations, in order to facilitate social connections among seniors.
The next Aging2.0 event in Berlin will be the Global Startup Search pitch event on May 23rd. The next major happening in Silicon Valley will be the OPTIMIZE conference from October 12-14.
If you would like to improve the lives of older adults with your idea, product, service, expertise or simply your enthusiasm, then please join the Aging2.0 movement.
- If you want to be informed about upcoming Aging2.0 events in Berlin, please register for free at http://www.meetup.com/Aging2-Berlin/.
- If you have questions about the local chapter Aging2.0 Berlin, send your message to .
- If you would like to learn more about the global Aging2.0 initiative or receive their newsletters, please visit http://www.aging2.com/.